Why get a motorcycle license?
Here are the top ten reasons to get a motorcycle:
1. Fuel efficient: Most motorcycles get mileage in the high 30 mpg’s and usually even more. Just think of the cost savings for your daily commute if your gas bill suddenly was %50 less.
2. Cheaper initial cost than a car or truck: A first motorcycle can be purchased typically for less than $5,000 and if you shop around usually even less. Even a brand new motorcycle can normally be found for less than 10 to 15,000 dollars.
3. Everyday commuting becomes entertainment rather that a boring chore: my commute used to be the worst part of the day but since riding a motorcycle to work everyday I now look forward to the commute and being able to get out in the open air and experience the environment.
4. Can be a great bonding experience for couples that ride together: spending a sunny afternoon on a ride with your significant other is a great relationship building and can really bring you closer together.
5. Great community feeling between fellow riders as well as friends: the motorcycle community if amazing and close-knit, meeting new people interested in your new hobby is an easy and exciting experience.
6. Ability to experience your city from a completely new perspective: You begin to see the sights and nature in you city from a whole new view, being in the open air and hearing the sound and smelling the smells really helps you appreciate your city in a new way.
7. Enjoy scenery and open air on a daily basis: A Sunday drive is now a cheap form of entertainment, for the small cost of gas you can spend a day riding a mountainous road or curvy back road.
8. Shorten commute time: while I’m not saying you should speed or ride unsafely, the ability to accelerate quicker than a car as well as the ease of lane changes and being able to use hov and carpool lanes can typically shorten your commute by at least 5-10%. Who wouldn’t want to sleep in a little longer;)
9. You look cool! This is pretty self explanatory, you get to wear cool gear that makes you look like a tough guy or even a warrior depending on your style.
10. Parking: you can almost always find parking for a motorcycle, and usually even up front. Some lots even have free motorcycle spots!